Today, I will be focusing on two scriptures that refer to “harvest.” So let’s take a look at the definition of harvest (from Dictionary.com):
- the gathering of crops
- the season when ripened crops are gathered
- a crop or yield of one growing season
- a supply of anything gathered at maturity and stored
- the result or consequence of any act, process, or event
Scripture Focus #1: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – Galatians 6:9 NIV
I feel like I just keep sowing seeds and nothing ever grows – that I don’t see any harvest to reap in my life. Sometimes it just feels futile to keep on going when it seems nothing is happening. Do you feel that way sometimes? Do you feel like just giving up? Don’t let satan rob you of your coming harvest time – don’t grow weary and don’t give up!
I’m sowing seeds through my health coaching business by helping others with their spiritual health and physical health. It seems like I am pretty much posting to myself – like no one really pays attention to anything I share.
So what do I do? Do I quit? Do I stop doing the ministry God has called me to just because I can’t see any results? Should I really even be focused on results? Should I focus on God and do what He has called me to do?
The truth is…I can’t see nor do I know how God is using anything that I share to be of use in others’ lives. I should focus on Him and trust Him and His timing.
We have to realize, God has given us a mission – to share the Gospel with others. And if we don’t? I think of the verse from Esther – “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place—but you and your father’s house will perish. Who knows whether you have attained royal status for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14 TLV
If we remain silent, with the message God has given us to share with the world, others will come to share the Gospel with the lost but you will be of no use. Who knows whether you have been put in this place (community in your town, church, school, job, social media and so on) for such a time as this?
The Gospel (Good News)
Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. – 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NLT
So, I won’t stop doing the work God has called me to just because I can’t see any results. And you shouldn’t either! Let’s continue to be the lights in this lost world!
Scripture Focus #2 – Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. – Matthew 9:37 TLV
When I look at this scripture, it makes me think of jobs I’ve had at different companies. It seems like the work just keeps piling up and there aren’t enough people, workers, to get it done. It seems there are times when you get your head above water only to find yourself drowning again. Have you felt this way?
And there are plenty of people who need to hear the Gospel – to learn of God’s gift of salvation but there is a shortage of those who will share their faith and convictions about God and His word (the Bible).
I see and hear so many people who claim to be Christians but would never open their mouths to talk about Jesus Christ (Yeshua) to anyone they know. I hear them say, “Who am I to judge?” or “all religions lead to heaven.”
What does God say about this?
- Yeshua said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life! No one comes to the Father except through Me. – John 14:6 TLV
- All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for restoration, and for training in righteousness, so that the person belonging to God may be capable, fully equipped for every good deed. – 2 Timothy 3:16-17 TLV
- Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. – Matthew 28:19 NLT
- Instead sanctify Messiah as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you – 1 Peter 3:15 TLV
- For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. – Romans 1:16 NLT
- But speaking the truth in love [in all things—both our speech and our lives expressing His truth], let us grow up in all things into Him [following His example] who is the Head—Christ. – Ephesians 4:15 AMP
It is time that we become doers of God’s word not hearers only! (James 1:22)