Scripture Focus: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.-1 John 1:9 TLV
I know here we go again with talking about sin!
Let’s breakdown this scripture:
- to acknowledge or avow (a fault, crime, misdeed, weakness, etc.) by way of revelation.
- to own or admit as true
- to declare or acknowledge (one’s sins), especially to God or a priest in order to obtain absolution.
- (of a priest) to hear the confession of (a person).
- to acknowledge one’s belief or faith in; declare adherence to
- to reveal by circumstances.
- transgression of divine law
- any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
- any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense
- strict or thorough in the performance of duty
- true to one’s word, promises, vows, etc.
- steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant
- reliable, trusted, or believed.
- adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate
- full of faith; believing
- characterized by uprightness or morality
- morally right or justifiable
- acting in an upright, moral way; virtuous
- to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.); absolve.
- to give up all claim on account of; remit (a debt, obligation, etc.)
- to grant pardon to (a person).
- to cancel an indebtedness or liability of
- to make pure; free from anything that debases, pollutes, adulterates, or contaminates
- to free from guilt or evil.
- to make clean for ceremonial or ritual use.
- not righteous; not upright or virtuous; wicked; sinful; evil
- not in accordance with right or justice; unfair or unjust
(all definitions from Dictionary.com)
We have to own up to our wrongdoing against God against His divine law. He is true to His promise and justifiable . He will cancel our indebtedness and liability of our transgressions. He will make us pure and free us from our guilt and evil doing.
When I think about how God has made a way for us to be forgiven from our sins, I am so humbled and in awe of His love for us. After all, He created us, humans, in His image. He showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners Yeshua (Jesus Christ) died for us (Romans 5:8).
God loves us, He is merciful towards us and bestows His grace upon us!